I’ve been vegan for almost 8 years now. And the thing I’ve been missing the most is a really good, unsweetened yogurt without any artificial flavors or additives. I’ve tried them all! Soy based, almond based, coconut based… but they just don’t taste good enough. Until I met Roni!
Few weeks ago, I attended a vegan milk and cheese crafting workshop at Roni’s Kitchen. Roni is such a lovely, vibrant person! She has such good vibes! I enjoined her workshop so much that I felt I must spread the joy!
In her workshop I learned how to make the easiest, most delicious cashew yogurt!
Here is the recipe:
What you’ll need:
- Strong blender
- ¾ cup unsalted cashews (soaked for few hours)
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
How to prepare:
- Drain the cashew
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend into a smooth creamy texture.
- Add more water for thinner yogurt/ less for a thicker one
- Add more salt/lemon if desired
- Pour mixture into a sterilized jar, up to 1 cm from the top
- Cover the jar loosely with its lid
- Place on the counter overnight for 8-12 hours, then tighten the lid and transfer into the fridge
*Serve as is, or add, lemon, dill & cucumber for a delicious Tzatziki dip
*For a sweet flavor, add fruit/jam/maple once the yogurt is read
*I always double / triple the amount I make so it lasts me for few days
Hope this will satisfy your yogurt cravings 🙂